Malaysia longest Expressway is North South Expressway or PLUS Highway. The Expressway has total length of 966km stretching from Thailand to Singapore. Refer to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North%E2%80%93South_Expressway,_Malaysia
The highway construction start in 1975 starting from Kuala Lumpur to Seremban. The highway built in stages and completed in 1994.
If you travel along the highway it is advised to observed speed limit which is 110km/h. Some stretch will be as low as 80km/h).
- Observed speed limit
- Do not follow another car too closed
- Before overtake, observed incoming car from behind and check blind spot
If your car involve in accident, stalled or even tyre puncture
- Pull over you car to the side. Activate emergency light. Put emergency cone at lease 100m from your car to assist high speed car to notice you.
- Get out from the car and wait behind steel barrier
- Call PLUS LINE 1800 88 0000
- The PLUS tow truck will tow your car to the nearest exit. Confirm that the tow truck is from PLUS. If you in doubt, you can can the PLUS Line again
- Call your insurance towing service to tow your car to any workshop you familiar. If your car involve in accident, send back you car to the OEM workshop (for example Proton Service Centre or Toyota Service Centre)
- Do not except any help from private mechanic. They tend to do more damage to your car and charge more. For example if your car overheat, they will put cold water into your engine to damage the engine and offer free towing to their workshop. Of course they will charge for repair (not even complete) and the charge is very-very expensive
- When raining or during low visibility, do not use emergency light. Just switch on the light.
That's all for today. Happy driving