Sunday, December 21, 2008
Public transport connection is only via bus and taxi. From KL Sentral you can use Rapid KL to go to the Sunway Pyramid. Another alternative is using Komuter train. From KL Sentral, use Port Klang line and go to the Setia Jaya station. From there you can either walk (20 minute walk) or use taxi. Normally taxi here do not use meter. Bargain first and get reasonable price for less than 5km ride.
Biggest attraction is Sunway Lagoon theme park. The theme park is an outdoor water theme park. More info please surf www.sunway.com.my/lagoon/
My second project is also an apartment. Before this I rent it but this year I decided to live there. This time I will be more picky and budget is higher. Normally in Europe, decorative light is point upward toward ceiling and the light will be reflected by ceiling to floor. But since the glass is pointing upward, it will be difficult to remove dust later. So I compromise with the light pointing downward. In the end I bought two wall lamp (each RM20), two ceiling lamp (each less than RM 200) and four halogen lamp (each ONLY RM7). Two shops which I consider cheap is a shop at Sg Udang-Ayer Keroh Highway and Seng Hup at Jalan 222, Petaling Jaya.
My friend say that classic design never last.
Below are the tips:-
- Shop around. Buy at the end of the year where sale and warehouse sale is everywhere
- Go for frosted glass as frosted glass will smoothen the light output
- Do not over install decorative lighting. For one room, choose either to put wall light or ceiling light.
- Buy decorative light first before any renovation done. It will cut cost on installation.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Friday, November 14, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
1) Check Market Value (MV) of the house
2) Check condition of the house to estimate cost of repairing the house or to determine any problem. Ask neighbour to check any anomaly to the house. Contact maintenance office to print any oustanding payment.
3) Call the agent and you may need to submit your details to get details of the house (house drawing, term and condition of sales etc)
4) Make bank cheque (5%-10% from reserve value) to the bank
5) Set in mind the maximum price you want to bid. Go to auction house and hand over the cheque.
6) At the auction house, beware of any parties that offer you to pay some money in order for them to withdraw the bid. Most of them just want to make easy money just by entering the bid.
7) If you are lucky, you are the only one who bid the house and you will get reserve value.
8) If many people want to bid the house, you are also lucky because it's mean the property you want to bid have high demand thus more valuable
9) At the auction room be calm. (honestly I am quite nervous because need to make very quick decision to raise the bid).
10) Bid until the price is equivalent to the maximum price you already set. Do not bid anymore if it's exceed market value or maximum price you set.
11) If you win the bid, you need to pay additional money to match the downpayment . In my case the reserve value is RM85k (I make bank cheque RM8500). Since I win the bid at RM99k, I need to pay additional RM 1400 (RM 9900-RM8500 = RM 1400)
12) You will get 90-120 days to get bank loans...
13) If you loose, try next time. Collect back the bankers cheque. You will not loose any money.
Additional cost to consider
1) Cost to repair the house
2) Cost oustanding assesment tax and maintenance (check if bank could pay it)
3) Cost of oustanding water and electricity (normally bank not cover)
4) Cost to lawyer (if possible get Zero Entry Cost - ZEE package. Lawyer will cost thousand of ringgit)
5) Cost of evaluator (Between RM200-500)
1) Maximum bid should lower than market value
1) Pay any money to someone you did not know to withdraw bid
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Bali Bomb Monument
Pasar Baru Courtyard
Do: Speak Malay, buy painting, swimming, surfing, SPA and visiting tourist attraction
18 Floor Apartment (unit located in 17th floor)
3 Rooms and 2 bathrooms,
Covered car park (2 units)
820 square feet
24 hour security, swimming pool
Good public transportation, feeder bus to LRT
Near public facilities including mosque school, bank, Giant and Tesco
RM 130K (Neg) - Eliza 0193873983
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Access is easy. Via LRT the nearest station is "Pasar Seni" at Kelana Jaya Line formerly known as Putra Line. At the station, use traffic light crossing to cross the road and the big blue building is central market.
Beside shopping, central market offer you eating places as well as massage to relax your feet.
Do: Buy paintings, make portrait of yourself and buy souvenir.
A famous book in property investment claim that seeking a good tenant is as difficult as obtaining a good employee. The reason is both tenant and employee is a tool of getting money. Bad tenant is as bad as bad employee. Both could make you loose your money. Below are some tips.
The process of getting good tenant is also similar as getting a good employee. You must advertise (either by small paste up advertisement or via web example http://www.mudah.com.my/). Interview potential tenant (where he work - closer is better, qualification, salary and reasons why he want to seek new house).
Most people believe that women is a good tenant. On some extend it is true but my experience with male tenant is not bad. They stay for a long time, could solve small problem (light, piping etc) and one of them even paint my house (with their own expenses).
My bad experience is with foreign student. The house will become dirty and sometime the payment is late. To compensiate the risk, the rent should be higher than renting to non-student.
Potential good tenant
- Small family (2-4 children)
- Young executive (minimum with diploma)
Potential bad tenant
- Foreign student
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Cameron Highland Resort
Road heading to Equatorial Hotel
Monday, September 22, 2008
- Plan the drawing. Discuss with your wife, cats, friends... Get "pelukis plan" to draw drawing and submit drawing to local authority (Those majlis ex: MPPJ, MPM etc)
- Get quotation from contractors as many as you like. Request the to write the details including type of beam and piling, how many pillars, what type of construction material (ex: sand brick or mud brick).
- Once selected write a simple contract. Start payment and building construction progress. But always visit the construction site (it's your house anyway)
- During construction maybe you want to insert something in the house structure for example salt to woo away mites or maybe evil spirit.... if you believe on that.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Mentari Court Aparment, Sunway. Near Komuter, 6 Swimming pool (3 adult and 3 child pool)and 24 hours security.
- Near public transport, school etc
2) Clean the house, paint if neccesary. Put some WOW factor such as tiles and cheap but beautifull lamp.
3) Advertise to get a good tenant
4) Don't forget to insured your house
5) Sell or refinance the house when the price is up