Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Pink House

Concrete table top

Corner Spotlight. Bought from Seng Hup for RM 7 each (normal RM 21)




Frosted glass give better lighting


It is funny that I already let my 2 house for rent but I myself rent the house from others. The reason is I don't have much money for renovation (I renovate the house using money from deposits). Finally after almost 5 years renting house, I could live in my own house (of course still borrow from banks). The house I bought from auction about a year ago by rented it out full furnish to arabic student. Unfortunately the payment is not quite good so I decided to move into my own house.
Luckily I found one Indonesian contractor who could renovate my house with affordable price. First I intended to only tiles the house and installing concrete kitchen cabinet, but in the end I also install plaster ceiling.
Steps for great house renovation
  1. Plan carefully the objective of the renovation and the budget. Reserve 20% - 50%for extra budget
  2. Plan all the works, if possible include minor thing in the package for example extra plug for aircond and water heater.
  3. Buy accesories such as lamp, kitchen and water heater so the contractor could install for FREE
  4. Survey for contractors. Request the contractor to give quotation. Put all things discuss with contractor in writings
  5. Monitor the renovation progress. Pay progress payment. DO NOT fay full payment until 100% finished.
  6. Change lock to new one after finish renovating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get the best deal for your travelling needs